Chia seeds were originally grown in Mexico. In the Mayan language “chia” means “strength”.
Using chia seeds in popsicles is a fun and easy way to get nutrition such as vitamin E or Omega-3 fats. This strawberry chia popsicle will supply your body with vitamin E and Omega-3 fats but also fiber, protein and much more.
Although chia seeds are small, they are powerful. Chia seeds contain fat that our body needs: Omega-3 fats.
Omega-3 fats help fight that keeping your hormones in balance. When a person is feeling stressed out, their skin will suffer. Omega-3 fats help fight stress keeping your hormones in balance and skin looking healthy. Just two tablespoons of these little seeds are equivalent to four ounces of salmon.
Chia seeds are nature’s most rich antioxidant. What’s in the chia seeds attacks inflammation and wrinkles by helping to strengthen cell membranes. On top of fighting off wrinkles, chia seeds also combat acne. Chia seeds have 6 times more protein than kidney beans. The protein found in chia seeds also maintain collagen that is found in hair, nails and skin keeping you looking your best and healthy.
Chia seeds also contain magnesium which helps regulate blood sugar and keeps your nervous system in working order. Chia seeds contain more magnesium than almost any other plant food except for the cacao bean.
Incorporating chia seeds into popsicles is an easy way to enjoy these benefits. Creating your own popsicles at home gives you the power of controlling what’s in it and the amount of sugar added. You’re also able to enjoy popsicles no matter what season. Popsicles are also a great way to get children or any picky eaters in your family to eat healthy too.
Chia seeds aren’t the only benefit from this recipe. Coconut milk is a great substitute for cow’s milk. Coconut milk is lactose free, perfect for anyone who is lactose intolerant making the popsicle enjoyable for all.
• 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
• 1tsp vanilla essence
• 1 cup of frozen strawberries
• 1 tsp chia seeds (or grounded chia)
• ½ cup of coconut milk
• 1 tsp honey
1. Add a half cup of vanilla yogurt to a bowl.
2. Add a tsp if vanilla essence than another half of vanilla yogurt to the mixture.
3. Mix together.
4. Add a cup of frozen strawberries into a blender.
5. Pour in the vanilla yogurt mixture.
6. Add a half cup of coconut milk.
7. Blend for a minute.
8. Add a tsp of chia seeds (I used ground seeds)
9. Add a tbsp. of honey to sweeten.
10. Blend again till smooth.
11. Pour mixture into popsicle molds.
12. Freeze for thirty minutes then add popsicle sticks.
13. Freeze overnight or for six hours minimum.